Finally, be strong in the LORD and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:10-13
I made it a habit to pray the Armor of God over my husband and entire family. It is important to know about the spiritual weapons that the Lord has given His children.
Bob and I listened to and respected Dr. David Jeremiah, who is the senior pastor of Shadow Mountain Community Church in California. I recall Dr. Jeremiah doing a sermon series on the Amor of God. If you know anything about me, you know that one subject I teach often is putting on the Armor of God. Dr. Jeremiah has several books on spiritual warfare that would be valuable teachings for you.
As Christians, we can guarantee that at some point we will be in a spiritual battle with the enemy. We can be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power as we fight against the tricks and schemes of the evil one, Satan.
But the LORD is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one. 2 Thessalonians 3:3
Who is the enemy? It is not your spouse, nor is it that other person. (Ephesians 6:12) The enemy of your marriage and family is Satan. We see the enemy appear in Genesis Chapter 3, tempting and lying to Eve, so she would fall into the trap of sin.
I did not know there was an enemy like a roaring lion coming around, waiting to devour and destroy another marriage and family – mine! I did not know how to walk in faith to receive victory through my Lord Jesus Christ.
“The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy; I have come that they may have life and have it to the full.” John 10:10
Where are you today? Do you know who you are in Christ? Do you know your authority as a believer?
You are in a spiritual battle for the salvation of your spouse, children and restoration of your marriage. The enemy is coming against you with many different weapons. The full Armor of God is for your protection. God has given us very clear commands in the scriptures on how to resist the devil.
…The reason the Son of God appeared was to destroy the devil’s work. 1 John 3:8
Do not be deceived. Your best protection against deception is a growing knowledge of biblical truths
Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil stalks about like a roaring lion, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, steadfast in the faith . . . 1 Peter 5:8-9 (NKJV)
The Armor of God is made up entirely of spiritual weapons: Truth, Righteousness, Gospel of Peace, Faith, Salvation, and the Word of God. My prayer for you today is that you will learn to wear, to use and to wield these powerful spiritual weapons daily, so that the carefully laid plans of the devil can be routed and blocked!
Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God. And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the saints. Ephesians 6:14-18
Today, make the decision that you will put the Armor of God on yourself, your spouse and your children every day. Paul emphasizes we can only take a stand against the devil’s schemes or tricks by being protected with the Armor of God. Learn to use and put on God’s spiritual weapons daily!
* Gird your loins with Truth. This refers to a belt or girdle that was to protect the lower body with strips of leather. It is belted around your thighs with the military band of integrity. Never forget, God’s truth is revealed in the Word of God.
* Put on the breastplate of righteousness which means being clothed in righteousness, both in character and by your behavior. The breastplate was made with leather and metal to protect the chest.
* Shod your feet with the preparation of the gospel of peace to have firm footing. Always be ready to do God’s will and to proclaim the Gospel of peace. The soldiers wore sandals or boots to protect their feet.
* Take up the shield of faith. The shield the Roman soldiers used was a large oblong wooden shield with leather on the front and about four feet high. Faith is total dependence on God and puts God between you and the enemy. This shield can stop ALL the fiery darts of Satan’s plans, tricks and schemes against you.
* Taking the helmet of salvation means to receive it from God. This protects you in the assurance of your salvation. The helmet protects your head, which is your intelligence. It will protect you from false teachings and the attacks in your mind. The helmet can give you confidence and boldness when the enemy tries to use your mind for his battlefield. The helmets the Roman soldiers used were bronze and had sides to protect the head and face.
* Take up the sword of the Spirit which is the Word of God. This sword is sharp and used in hand-to-hand conflict. It is the only offensive weapon. It is provided by the Holy Spirit. Your Bible must be used!
* Pray in the Spirit all the time with all kinds of prayers and requests. May you never forget the power of prayer. Remember, pray without ceasing!
You are in the Lord’s army. Get up every morning and put on the full Armor of God daily. That means you must put on every piece to protect your whole body and your loved ones. God’s Armor is greater than all of your enemies!
Rejoice Marriage Ministries, Inc.
Ministry Web Site | Bookstore | 24/7 Radio
Donations | Chapel Page