newsletter_banner

Sunday, June 11, 2017

A PRAYER TO CHANGE YOUR SPOUSE’S HEART

“So is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire, and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.”  Isaiah 55:11

I believe the greatest gift you can give your husband or wife is praying for them every day.

When I was standing for the restoration of our marriage, I ran out of words to pray for Bob and for our marriage so I started reading books on prayer. As I was reading the Bible daily, the Lord spoke to my heart to speak and pray God’s Word to Him in my prayers. That is when I started praying scriptures. Never doubt the power of the Word of God when you pray scriptures with you, your husband’s or wife’s and loved ones name in them.

For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.  Hebrews 4:12

Let me share a prayer you can pray:

I will exalt You, my God the King; I will praise Your name for ever and ever. Great is the LORD and most worthy of praise; His greatness no one can fathom. The LORD is near to me and I call on You, in truth. Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to You. Do not hide Your face from me when I am in distress. Turn Your ear to me; when I call, answer me quickly. You will fulfill the desires of those who fear You; You hear my cry and save me and _____ (spouse and loved ones’ names).

I have faith in You Lord and You said, “If anyone says to this mountain, ‘Go, throw yourself into the sea,’ and does not doubt in his heart but believes that what he says will happen, it will be done for him.” Lord, You know my mountain of circumstances in my marriage. So I am believing You, that whatever I ask for in prayer, I have received it, and it will be mine. And when I stand praying, if I hold anything against anyone, I forgive them, so that my Father in heaven may forgive me of my sins. Lord, with man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.

Lord, I thank You that I am strong in the Lord, and in His mighty power I put the full Armor of God on myself and on _____ so that we can take a stand against the devil’s schemes. Lord, thank You that You will block _____’s wrong pathways with thornbushes; You will wall them in so that they cannot find their way. They will chase after their lovers but not catch them; they will look for them but not find them. Then they will say, ‘I will go back to _____ as at first, for then I was better off than now.’ My prayer is that You will open their eyes and turn them from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to You, so that they may receive forgiveness of their sins and be sanctified by faith in You. Thank You Lord, that You will break the bars of their yoke and rescue them from the hands of those who enslaved them. You will search for Your lost and bring back the strays. You will bind up the injured and strengthen the weak. My prayer is _____ will repent and be baptized, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of their sins. And _____ will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit. The promise is for _____ and our children and all who are far off — for all whom the LORD our God will call.

You are the Good Shepherd, You know Your sheep and Your sheep know You. I praise You, Father that You will give _____ an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them. Thank You that will remove _____’s heart of stone and give _____ a heart of flesh. Thank You Lord that _____ will not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of their mind. I keep asking that the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the glorious Father, may give both of us the Spirit of wisdom and revelation, so that we may know Him better. I pray also that the eyes of our hearts will be enlightened in order that we may know the hope to which He has called us. You are our peace, who has made the two one and has destroyed the barrier, the dividing wall of hostility.

I pray that You may strengthen us with power through Your Spirit in our inner being, so that Christ may dwell in our hearts through faith. Lord, I know You are able to do immeasurably more than all I can ask or imagine, according to Your power that is at work within me. Lord, remove our sinful natures, and fill us with the fruit of the Spirit which is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.

Lord, I pray that You will turn all the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to their fathers. Lord, I hate divorce as You hate divorce. Lord, _____ and I are one flesh, and are no longer two, but one. Therefore what You have joined together, let man not separate. Thank You Lord that it is Your will that we should be sanctified; that we should avoid sexual immorality; that we should learn to control our own body in a way that is holy and honorable.. For You did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.

Lord, breathe on our dead marriage and it will come to life. Then the nations around us that remain will know that the Lord has rebuilt what was destroyed and has replanted what was desolate. The Lord has spoken, and You will do it. Lord, thank You that You will come to me and fulfill Your gracious promise to bring us back to Your place. For You know the plans You have for us. Plans to prosper us and not to harm us, plans to give us hope and a future. Then I will call upon You and come and pray to You, and I will listen to You. I will seek You and find You when I seek You with all my heart. You will find _____ and will bring them back from captivity. For nothing is impossible with God. I am blessed as I believe what the Lord has said to me will be accomplished! Praise the Lord. Amen.

(Scriptures taken from: Psalm 145:1,3,18; Psalm 102:1-2; Mark 11:22-25; Mark 10:27; Psalm 102:1-2; Ephesians 6:10-11, Hosea 2:6- 7; Acts 26:28; Ezekiel 34:16,27; Acts 2:38-39; John 10:14; Ezekiel 11:9-10; Romans 12:2; Ephesians 1:17-18; Ephesians 2:14; Ephesians 3:16-17,20; Galatians 5:16,22-23; Malachi 4:6; Malachi 2:16; Matthew 19:4-6; I Thessalonians 4:3-5,7; Ezekiel 37:6; Ezekiel 36:36; Jeremiah 29:10-14; Luke 1:37, 45; and Psalm 106:1)
God bless,

Charlyne Steinkamp
Rejoice Marriage Ministries, Inc.

Ministry Web Site  |  Bookstore  |  24/7 Radio
Donations  |  Chapel Page

10 comments on “Charlyne Cares – A PRAYER TO CHANGE YOUR SPOUSE’S HEART
  1. Patricia Pinkston says:

Hey my sister in Christ Jesus my marriage has be destroy by another woman and I have been praying asking God please save totally delivery him and send him back home to his family in Jesus name Amen it been almost two years sense he left

• Anita says:

Hi Patricia, my husband has been gone from our home for almost 2 years now, but I continue to pray for our marriage to be restored, has it been easy no, but God has given me incredible strength to endure it. I started asking God to change me, because the Holy Spirit showed me things about myself that I knew were not from God and my focus today is serving God with all of me, I still pray for my husband and for our marriage to be restored, but my focus is putting God first and seeking Him. Every time I feel the enemy trying to fill my head with his lies, I start praying and yes I miss my husband’s love but God’s love compares to no other. I prayed for my husband to give himself to God and he did, I prayed for my husband to be sober and he is, so God hears our prayers, pray for patience, peace and that God fills all Your voids with His love. God be with you sister…

2. Patricia Pinkston says:

Yes I also loves the Lord with all my heart and he’s giving me strength every day but it’s hard and I know that he will return home to his family my sister in Christ Jesus I join in prayer with you for your husband because GOD said in his words that who he joins together let no man separate and we have to stand firm on his word my God Continue to bless you dearly my sister in Christ Jesus Amen

• Anita says:

Yes God will restore both our marriages, they will be better then they were before. We know the God that we serve is a God of promises and a lot of people say as long as its Gods will, but I’ve learned that God’s will for me is to be happy, to stay in joy, to not talk about how big my trial is but to talk about how big my God is. God can do the impossible that man can not even begin to understand…yes we are in agreement sister of Christ, Let God favor our marriages, our husbands, our children and us in Jesus name Amen!

3. John says:

My wife left me 2 months ago and is already in another relationship. This has happened a couple of times and pray so much for God to change her mind and way of thinking of constantly going out of our covenant. I plead the blood of Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior on our marriage once again. I hope and pray so sincere for our marriage to be reconciled and never broken up again in the name Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior.

• Anita says:

Hi John, I’m sorry for your pain, the enemy is on attack of all marriages and no matter what it looks like God can fix it. You said that this has happened a couple of other times and your marriage was restored, so hold onto to that and keep praying. We can never give up hope or stop praying for our spouses. Mine has been gone for almost 2 years and his affair was with his bottle not another person and it’s been quite a roller coaster ride for me. Every time I felt myself giving up God steps in. Just like a couple days ago my husband started drinking again and I said I can’t do this Lord, than this morning I heard Gods whisper to me if you came to me would I turn you away? If you cried out to me for help would I say no? God wants us to be more like Jesus, so here I go again…hang in there John ask God to give you strength, to give you peace and pray for Him to change anything in you that is not from Him. God bless you John!

4. John says:

That’s what scares me is that it has happened a couple of times. It hurts to feel as if I wasn’t who she wants to be with and either I messed up a wasn’t good enough even though I did try so much this last time but I do also feel as if I had her above God but was thankful to God for her return but stopped praying as much than when she was gone. It hurts to also think that she is more in love with guy she is with than any other guy she’s left me for before and him having a adorable little boy that she seems to adore so much doesn’t help. I do love her so much though and is difficult to let her go if this is God’s will.

5. Anita says:

Hi John, try to remember that in God’s eyes we are good enough and keep praying for strength. When I was feeling so much pain that I just kept looking up scriptures for what I was going through, scriptures about anger, scriptures about pain, scriptures about peace, boy did I need those, scriptures about marriage, whatever I was going through I just ran to God and said help me God, just show me Your way because my way I doesn’t work. Once I really gave it to God, He gave me that peach that no one else could. Every morning I wake up I seek Him first thing, with music, then with reading, then praying, every morning and every night. So seek Him John, seek Him first and I know that you will find peace and then God will keep going with you. Lord I know that at times John doesn’t feel like praying for his wife and that he probably has thoughts and emotions that keeps him from coming before You. Let him confess any anger, disappointments or hurt that he has towards his wife. Reveal to him any other thoughts and feelings in him that are not glorifying to You, so he can be free of them. Take away any hardness from his heart that has crept in and create in him a clean heart. Overflow him with Your love so that his heart can easily overflow with love for others. Help him realize that more then anything else he needs time with You to be refreshed and renewed. Let him lay down his battle in prayer for his wife, his marriage, his family and all the details of his life and release it ALL TO YOU! Let him surrender every burden, concern, worry, desire and hope to You and choose to simply be in YOUR PRESENCE in Jesus name Amen.

6. Jessica Casas says:

My husband the father of my two boys left me for his ex wife six weeks ago. I have faith in God that everything will fall back into place. I pray everyday for the lord to help in the restoration of my relationship and marriage. My two boys and I need my husband to come back home and I pray for this everyday. Please clear his thoughts and mend his heart. Love is kind, loyal, boastful, patient, joyful, and forgiving. Amen.

• Anita says:

Seek God completely and He will guide You. Ask Him to change anything that is not from Him in you. He will not force your husband to come home but you can pray for Him to go into your husbands heart, dreams and change his heart. What I did is started focusing on taking care of myself, mentally, physically and definitely spirituality. I ran to God and He showed me a love that I never knew and yes I love my husband but not more than God, I seek Him, I love Him first…