newsletter_banner

Monday, December 4, 2017

Each week we share guest devotionals written by a fellow stander. The views expressed below are those of the writer and may not reflect the views of Rejoice Marriage Ministries, Inc. or the Steinkamps.

Has the Lord placed a devotional on your heart that you would like to share with other standers? Submit it by clicking here.

COME FORTH

Then they took away the stone from the place where the dead was laid. And Jesus lifted up his eyes and said, “Father, I thank thee that thou hast heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.” And when he thus had spoken, he cried with a loud voice, “Lazarus, come forth.”  John 11:41-43 (KJV)

How many times have we spoken death to our marriages? We tell all our friends and whoever will listen, our pain and torment. We don’t cover our spouse’s shame or sin. Instead, we reveal every little dirty secret. There is no life there. It is dead.

Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof.  Proverbs 18:21 (KJV)

God can’t leave dead things alone. He likes to take dead things and speak life. He is our Restorer and Deliverer. God doesn’t let things die. He is life. His Word speaks of life. And He wants to speak life into your marriage.

The story of Lazarus is a popular one. It is also one that you can speak over your marriage. Even though Jesus was told of His friend’s illness, He tarried and didn’t go right away to heal him. The scriptures tell us that this is so the Father can be glorified, according to John 11:4. What better miracle than to take something dead, four days dead mind you, and give it life just by speaking two small but demanding words, “COME FORTH”.

When Jesus heard that, he said, This sickness is not unto death, but for the glory of God, that the Son of God might be glorified thereby.  John 11:4 (KJV)

At the command that Jesus gave after the stone had been rolled away, Lazarus came forth just as Jesus demanded. Out walks Lazarus, very much alive at this point, but bound by his grave clothes.

And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes; and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus said unto them, Loose him and let him go.  John 11:44 (KJV)

Today, lets speak to our marriages just like Jesus spoke to Lazarus. Order your marriage restoration to COME FORTH in the mighty name of Jesus Christ. And just like Lazarus, your spouse will come forward, still in their graveclothes. They will be bound by the shackles of their sin and shame. Remove those from your spouse by showing love, patience, self-control. Love as Christ loves. Demand this day that Satan let loose the ties that bind your spouse from marital restoration as you call them to come forth into the glorious blessings that await them for doing the Lord’s will.

Blessed are all who fear the Lord, who walk in His ways. You will eat the fruit of your labor; blessings and prosperity will be yours.  Psalm 128:1-2

Let’s pray together, calling forth the release of our spouses from their captivity and pray our marriage restoration to come forth.

Heavenly Father, we thank You and praise You that we have the honor of praying for our spouses. Lord, we know that nothing is too hard for You to do. We call forth our blessings. We call forth salvation for our spouses. We call forth marital restoration. Just as You called Lazarus from the grave to come forth, we order all these things to come forth right now in the name of our mighty Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. Lord, You raised Lazarus from the dead. He was brought to life just by Your word that You sent forth that he needed to come forth. We declare the same for our hurting and dead marriages. COME FORTH!

Lord, we pray that just as Lazarus had to be loosed and let go when he came forth from the tomb in his burial clothes, loose our spouses now Father from the bondage of death and sin; of darkness and the grave. Loose them Father, and bring them and our marriages back to life. Let them arise and COME FORTH from their grave of sin. We give You all honor, praise and glory for the mighty miracle of a restored marriage in the name of Jesus Christ. Amen.

Barby in Pennsylvania

Rejoice Marriage Ministries, Inc.
Ministry Web Site  |  Bookstore  |  24/7 Radio
Donations  |  Chapel Page

6 comments on “Charlyne Cares – COME FORTH
  1. Nicole says:

What a fantastic devotional! I have been trying to rise above the negative talk and reliving the circumstances but I continue to slip. Thank you for writing this….it was very helpful and just what I needed to hear! Praying for all of us!

2. Wendy N Spann says:

I don’t have to tell others about my spouse. My spouse’s doing that by coming to our Church with the other person. My spouse is just now starting to speak to me. My spouse wants to be friends and wants me to be happy. My spouse doesn’t want to hear that Im praying for them. I was shown a vision that my spouse and I will have Christmas morning together. So praising God for that vision to come to be. The other person and my spouse have being going back and forth in their relationship for 16 months. They have just announced again that they are together on social media. Standing firm on the promises of God. Thankful for the presence of Jesus and the Holy Spirit. I pray daily for both of their souls. Just need to know others are praying to. I don’t have a prayer partner to pray with. So thank you for this ministry.

• Jamie says:

Praying for you Wendy. You are not alone. Thankful he is in church! Please pray that my Stew will be there this Christmas Eve..thank you pray and don’t give up

• Lykesha says:

Good morning,

Wendy my name is Lykesha and I’m also a stander. I have been standing for 2 years now and I know that it’s only the Lord that keeps me. When I first started my stand I thought I had to be crazy to stand for a Man that has hurt me to my core but God is all that I can say. When I surrendered to the Lord and gave him everything I knew I had to stand and not give up on my Husband or my marriage. See the Vows that I made to my husband was a covenant between God as well so I’m no longer standing in Fear of what could happen I’m walking in victory of what is happening. I don’t speak to my husband really but I still rejoice for his life that I know that the God I serve loves him unconditional. I know the scripture Jeremiah 29:11 reply’s to my husband the same way that it reply’s to me. My Father knows the plans that he has for my life just like he knows the plans for my Husband. So start to speak life over your marriage and husband no matter what people say or what the circumstance looks like. Trust The Lord with all of your heart no matter what !!!!!!!! Know that you are not alone in your walk and there is people praying for you. Proverbs 3:5-6

Also every time that he walks through the church doors rejoice and say thank you God for leading his footsteps. Ask the Holy spirit to convict your husbands heart to repent of his sends that he comes to receive The Lords truth… In Jesus Name

If you would like to pray here is my email address lykeshaandrews@yahoo.com

3. kareen taunan says:

in the mighty name of Jesus, through the Holy spirit. Amen!

4. Carla says:

I thank God for you all. You have lifted me up on days when i felt im in this struggle alone. God is so faithful. Romans 12 v 12 has inspired me to be joyful in hope and patient in my troubles just as God took his time to go raise Lazarus from the dead. God need to get the glory when our spouses return. Please keep me in your prayers as i will always pray for you all. Thank you so much for your testimonies. May the Lord bless u ur spouses and ur marriages in Jesus name.