newsletter_banner

Prayer of Spiritual Protection

The Prayer of Hosea is one of the most powerful prayers in the arsenal of spiritual warfare – the Hedge Prayer. Hosea’s wife, Gomer, led a life of adultery. Hosea was convinced that he should not divorce her and to pray for her return. Hosea’s unconditional love for Gomer is a picture of God’s unconditional love for His people. This prayer is particularly useful in praying for a wayward spouse, child, or friend who has gone astray from the Faith and from God.

Prayer for Return of a Wayward Spouse

Their mother has been unfaithful
    and has conceived them in disgrace.
She said, ‘I will go after my lovers,
    who give me my food and my water,
    my wool and my linen, my oil and my drink.’
Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes;
    I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way.
She will chase after her lovers but not catch them;
    she will look for them but not find them.
Then she will say,
    ‘I will go back to my husband as at first,
    for then I was better off than now.’
                                             Hosea 2:5-7

“Trusting in the promise that whatever I ask for in the name of your Son, Jesus, You Father will do it, with confidence in Our Lord’s words and in Your infinite power and love for me and for my [husband/wife]. I ask you, Father, to send Your Spirit to convict [person’s name] and to allow [him/her] to see all wrongs that [he/she] has done and how these actions offend Your infinite goodness.”

“Father, I ask in sorrow, knowing that You do not intrude upon free will, but that You can give Divine influence like you did with Hosea’s wife, that You send a hedge of thorns around [person’s name] so that [he/she] cannot find the paths that lead [him/her] away from me and our marriage. Even though [he/she] may pursue [his/her] sinful ways, [he/she] will not succeed in sinning against You. [He/She] shall not find satisfaction or happiness until [he/she] returns to me as my [wife/husband], where [he/she] may then be taught by Your Holy Spirit, the true meaning of marriage, sexuality and how to be good and loving in our marital relationship.”

“Father, I am powerless against these spiritual forces and recognize my utter dependence on You and Your power. Look with mercy upon me and upon my [wife/husband.] Do not look upon our sins, O Lord, rather look at the sufferings of your Beloved Son and see the Victim whose bitter passion and death has reconciled us to You. By the victory of the cross, protect us from all evil and rebuke any evil spirits who are attacking or influencing us in any way. Send them back to Hell and place a wall of protection around our marriage. Send your Holy Angels to watch over us and protect us.”

“Father, I ask these things through the most Holy Name of Jesus Christ, Your Son. Thank you, Father, for hearing my prayer. I love You, I worship You, I thank You and I trust in Your infinite mercy and forgiveness. Amen.”

I am standing in agreement with you in praying this prayer for the healing of your marriage. God bless you, my dear friend in the Lord.

Dennis L. Wingfield
Rejoice Marriage Ministries
Ministry Web Site  |  Bookstore  |  24/7 Radio
Donations  |  Chapel Page

Are your prayers working in your personal life and for others who you pray for regularly? Do you know how to pray? This series will give you the wisdom, knowledge and principles to learn to make your prayer life more effective and see answers to your prayers. The series include: "Are Your Prayers Working?"; "18 Hindrances To Your Prayers"; and "Know Your Spiritual Weapons -Become A Prayer Warrior."

18 comments on “PRAYER OF SPIRITUAL PROTECTION
  1. Reynaldo Gonzalez says:

Thank you for this powerful prayer. I’ve been praying for my wife,and praying for her to repent and humble herself to the lord. And for her to stop her online love affair, and return to me as my wife. I thank the lord our god and you, and ask that you pray for our reconciliation. Thank you and God bless you. R.Gonzalez

2. Anna says:

I’m praying for complete restoration of my union with M. He has loved me since I was 15, we are grandparents now. He is in a low place and can’t forgive himself. Lord please help him, touch is heart and give him what he needs to return to himself. Lord help us to be the husband and wife You want for each other and keep us close to You. I am choosing to stand and Not give up! I Believe with God anything is possible!! During this rough time he is working miracles.

3. Ebony says:

I thank u so much for this powerful payer also.I know God will reconcile my husband in I and his time.I claim it in Jesus Name Amen.

4. Jason says:

Thank you for this prayer, we need prayer for our marriage. Thank you for coming in agreement.

5. C hercules says:

Thank you for praying for me I need my wife to come back to me I love you very much hope she realizes what she’s doing is wrong and come back to me and the kids thank you very much

6. Patricia says:

I’m asking for prayer, that my husband return home. He left. Infidelity has plagued our marriage & now gambling. I love my husband & I’m trusting God.

7. Natassia says:

I pray for strength for myself and others who are dealing with this difficult situation

8. Reggie says:

Please pray for remarriage for me and my ex wife Angie ( that the lord put a stop to the other man living with her that She engaged to

9. EE says:

Please pray for me and my spouse. We’re currently separated but still living in the same roof. He told me last year that he’s love for me is not the same as before, the cause of his cold heart towards me is because of our past, in our 10 years of being together, God gave us two beautiful, smart and wonderful children.our relationship was in a rocky situation, a lot of bad incidents happened, because of my family and other circumstances that lead for him to be cold and protect himself to get hurt again. And I personally have contributed half of that, I was selfish, didn’t trust him 100%, always questioning him where and what he’s been, always my way or the high way, cannot control my temper most of the time, and etc. I was awaken when he told me that he don’t love me anymore. I was devastated, hurt, angry, depressed, and all the emotions you can think of when you found out that your one and only love doesn’t love you back as the way they used to be before. Right now, I’m confused and his confused too of what he really wants in his life. But I’ve been thinking a lot and as for him, he’s changed a little, now it’s been 4 weeks that we’ve been separated and from that on he went out so many times already and I don’t know where or what’s he doing he don’t wanna tell me he said stop questioning him and before that the time when he told me he’s feelings for me isn’t the same as before and also told me he’s been talking/chatting to this old high schoolmate from overseas. He said she’s the one that he really likes that never got a chance to tell her and the girl told him the same thing that she liked him but never got a chance. He said he likes her a lot and likes talking to her. When he’s telling me that, it’s like he stabbed me with a knife, hearing your the one you really love the most, it’s the most painful feeling in the world. I just hope that there’s still hope for us to reconcile and that he will realize that he has a wonderful family and I’ve been doing my best to be the best version of me before. I hope that he will give me another chance and I won’t give up on us. Please pray for me and my spouse. I would really appreciated it.

Thank you for letting me share my life. Hope that someone that has the same situation as me will get pass these kind of storms in their life and don’t lose hope keep your faith to God. May God bless us all.

• Melly says:

Wow I can completely relate. I’ve been married to my husband for almost 8 yrs next mth we started dating at 16. He has been my only true love and hearing him say he is in love with another women breaks my heart and knowing she is expecting a child…u can imagine. But my God is all powerful and has giving me authority and power to claim back my marriage. Satan has been defeated by the blood of Jesus and I receive my victory. Let’s stand firm on the word of God and give all of our cares to him. He is working on our behalf. We need to make sure we get every thought that is not of God captive. Don’t let Satan tell u otherwise! We are more then conqueres in Jesus Christ and ALL things are possible with Jesus Christ!

• Erica says:

I know the pain you are in as my husband’s infidelity has also created another life that will be arriving in a few months. I am sorry you are in this situation and I pray that the Lord will give you the strength to stand for your marriage until it is the way He wants it to be. This is extremely difficult but God can do anything. Here’s to the restoration of your marriage.

• Elizabeth says:

i am in this situation where another woman infiltrated my marriage and she is about to have a child, its painful and to top it off all my husband is saying he wants to remove the child from her once she gives birth and bring for me to raise that way he can leave her,am not sure it is fair to either me or her and i feel i don’t want to look after that child whose mother has connived with my husband to cause me a lot of pain so am praying for God’s will to be done in the whole situation. Am praying for deliverance from pain, confusion, anger, rage, frustration, bitterness, hatred, malice, jealousness and other unGodly emotion. And i pray to totally forgive these two people and have peace of mind and to heal from a broken heart.

10. Nicole says:

I have been all over your website and just found this prayer. I am standing in faith for the return of my husband. God is faithful!

11. A says:

I am believing in this prayer. Thank you. Build a hedge of thorns around my wife and let her return to me. Remove these wicked and satanic men who are attempting to lead her astray. In your name dearest father. In the name of your son beloved Jesus. Amen

12. Janet says:

I am married and my husband still lives at home. He also told me he does not love me and he is really showing it. He does not communicate with me only when he has to ask a question. He does not compliment me he won’t even look me in the eye. We have been married 21 yrs we are both Christians. He communicates with different girls on his Facebook or text message or chat room. I am standing for my marriage. I am asking for prayer for restoration of my marriage and family. It’s so hard to come home after work when my husband won’t even talk to me or look at me. I am standing in the need of your prayers.

13. Ester says:

Dear Janet,
    Blessings to you and your marriage. Trust in the lord with all your heart. He will restore your strength and give you wisdom to overcome this trial. Stay strong in faith, courage and truth. I am praying for you. Live for God and in your husbands silence ask our lord to touch his heart with compassion, respect and honor! Keep praying search for prayers that will restore your marriage in Jesus name! Amen

14. Sherida says:

Please pray for me and my spouse. For many years, I made my husband number one in my life, placing him above myself, my daughter, and even Jesus. However, after my husband left me for a co-worker and moved out. I felt like I had no direction and no future. I just couldn’t see a life without my husband, so I tried to take my own life.
    Now that some time has passed, I have made the decision to put God first in my life. I have been growing spiritually, and I can see the difference God is making in my life. God has given me a new beginning. I know Jesus is watching over me, protecting me, molding me, and shaping me into His image so that I can become a better follower of Him. I thank the lord our god and you, and ask that you pray for our reconciliation.

15. Kat says:

THANK YOU for tis prayer that has been carrying me and offering direction and hope.
    I will add all of these struggling marriages to my own in prayer.
    May GOD lead our spouses to Him and back to us.